Welcome to Ballet Archives

 Hello and Welcome to Ballet Archives

This is a blog about historical ballet dancers and their stories. I have a passion for both ballet and history and I noticed there wasn't very much out there on ballet dancer history, so I wanted to create it, hence this blog. I hope you will enjoy going on a journey and learning about the amazing ballet dancers from the past!



“Dancing is my gift and my life… God gave me this gift to bring delight to others. That is why I was born. I am haunted by the need to dance. It is the same to me whether I am rehearsing in my own room at home, or on the empty darkened stage, or facing an audience across the footlights… When I dance, I am not conscious of my body. I feel I am one with the dance. It is though I were caught up by the magical rhythm, that I am all rhythm, part of that greater rhythm which animates life itself. It is my life. I know of no other. It is the purest expression of every emotion, earthly and spiritual. It is happiness.”- Anna Pavlova


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anna Pavlova's Beloved Dogs

New York Times Interview with Anna Pavlova Part 2

Anna Pavlova's Beloved Home The Ivy House